Massel Concentrated Liquid Stock makes for vegan cooking bliss! »
When Massel, the company famous for its vegan bouillon cubes, offered to send me samples of their new liquid stock line I was really excited. I’ve used the cubes before, and I love that their products are clearly labeled “vegan” and free from questionable ingredients like MSG. So, I tried Massel’s new vegan concentrated stocks line and I LOVE it!
My new favorite things: adding a bit of bouillon stock into a pot of quinoa cooking on the stove, using it to flavor noodle soups, or my very favorite: use Massel liquid stock to make a broth for cooking broccoli! You just add 3 tablespoons chicken-free liquid stock to 4 cups of boiling water. Steam the broccoli in the water/stock mixture on the stove and it turns the broccoli into the most luscious, savory, rich goodness imaginable. It’s magic! I have never loved broccoli as much as I do now, thanks to Massel!
According to the company website, one tablespoon of the highly concentrated liquid stock makes 1 cup of soup stock. Once you’ve formed a stock base, you can just toss in your favorite soup fixings like veggies, noodles, leafy greens, veg protein or whatever pleases you!
My favorite flavor was definitely the vegan “chicken” flavor, and the one flavor I really didn’t love as much was the beef flavor. Here’s a great recipe reposted with permission from the Massel vegan recipe bank on their website.
Gluten Free Vegan Sesame Noodles
- 8 oz. spaghetti (gluten free, if desired)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2/3 cup water
- ⅓ teaspoon Massel Vegetable or Chicken style Better Bouillon
- ½ cup peanut butter (sunflower seed butter, if you have nut allergies)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce (tamari sauce is gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon Sriracha or favorite hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
2. While the pasta is cooking, whisk the rest of ingredients together in a bowl. Drizzle mixture over drained pasta and toss well.
3. Serve immediately, room temperature, or chilled.