Good job, Irvine: City Council bans sale of dogs and cats! »
Last night the Irvine, Calif. City Council passed some amazing legislation: They banned the sale of dogs and cats, rodeos, and animal circuses! Irvine has us all beat, California! Money quote:
Society is “moving toward a more thoughtful and conscientious approach to animals,” speaker Claire Kim said Tuesday night. “This ordinance responds to the spirit of our times.”
It totally is! It totally does! Next for the city: Mandatory spay/neuter laws, which the council decided to further study.
Three cheers for Irvine!
Friday vegan blog link-o-rama! »
A tour through this week in vegan blogs:
1. The Obligatory Vegan Post—a sweet essay by someone who just started being vegan and is loving it,
2. Sabor de Soledad—is vegan!
3. Amazing Vegan Ice Cream—a blog with such flavors as Barack-y Road (a delicious vegan take on Rocky Road and a nod to our favorite candidate!) and Pumpkin (Pumpkin).
6. Top Five Must-Have Kitchen Gadgets—I would add a George Foreman Grill to the list. Duh.
7. This is bizarre but Banksy is apparently saying something about factory farming—I am not Banksy. Your turn.
[photo by Nigel Treblin/AFP/Getty Images]