SF Bay Area weekend events spectacular! »
There’s a lot going on this weekend in the bay area. I’m gonna run some of the events for you so that you can live life to its fullest without lifting a finger. And isn’t that the goal? IT IS. Without further ado:
1) The Safari Club is in Foster City on Saturday and they are the fucking grossest worst: rich gross freak shows who travel around murdering animals in the wild while claiming to be a wildlife conservation group! More like a MONSTER PRESERVATION GROUP FOR MONSTERS. Anyway, tell them to get fucked at the protest.
2) Also on Saturday, there’s a fundraiser happy hour for Northern California Family Dog Rescue at Doc’s Clock! Go indulge your habit, it’s for the animals!
3) On Sunday, it’s Cupcakes for Choice! Eat sweet treats and raise money for Planned Parenthood! What could be better for your vagina and the vaginas you care about? DON’T ANSWER THAT.
4) On Sunday at 7 p.m., Mickacoo Pigeon and Dove Rescue is having a fundraiser at the SF Pour House! They will be screening the debut of Animal Planet’s show about (convicted rapist) Mike Tyson and his racing pigeons, Taking on Tyson. Come on down for drink specials and give some money to help the birdies!
5) TONIGHT! Vegan artist (and Vegansaurus fave!) Rick Kitagawa of Monkey + Seal fame is part of an art show about mythological beasts that looks to be rad and amazing! Also, Black Orchid Bakery (another Vegansaurus fave!) will be there with delightful vegan treats and also: Local Flavor SF will have VEGAN TACOS. It will run from 7 to 11 p.m. at Big Umbrella Studios in SF.
Am I missing anything?? Who knows, who cares! Well, I guess I do, so let me know!
[SuperPigeon from Mickacoo!]
Your Friday Plans: Out of Place art show! »
There is still time for you to fit this into your social schedule: there is going to be a pretty awesome art show at SPACE gallery (that’s right next to the Hemlock, on Polk St.) tonight from 8 p.m. to midnight. Nine decently awesome artists are showing work—including me (but I’m indecently awesome)!
The door fee is a paltry $3, which for the first 25 people gets them a bag of goodies. There will also be vegan pastries from Black Orchid Bakery (which we’ve been dying to try for a while now!), some DJ, and a live art battle (not entirely sure how that’s going to go down, but I think it’ll be cool)!