Recipe: Corn Jalapeño, Marry Me. »
Corn is CHEAP and plenty this time of year: 25 cents at Safeway and 50 cents for organic stuff at Whole Foods. My local produce stand was more expensive than either of these so you make the call.
Serving size: for two
Prep time: 15 min
2 ears of corn (white or yellow, though I prefer white)
1 to 2 tomatoes (Roma, sweet 100, heirloom—whatevs)
Italian parsley (optional)
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 F. Take corn, husks and all, and place directly on middle rack. Roast for 20 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, get the mise en place ready. Everything is according to taste. I tend to prefer corn as the main focus so I go easy on the onion and tomato:
a. dice half a jalapeño into really small bits, seeds and all
b. dice red onion (I go easy on the raw onion)
c. dice tomatoes into small chunks. Best to squeeze the seeds out first so your corn salad isnt watery. If you use sweet 100s or baby tomatoes, slice in half.
3. Remove husks from corn. Take a knife and shear kernels from cob. Place kernels in large bowl.
4. Add jalapeño, onion, tomato to bowl. Add juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime. Adjust according to taste. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Optional: chop sprinkling of parsley and add at end.
Jalapeño and lime are really important in this dish; they make it bright and kicky.
This is another delicious recipe from the brilliant mind of Fancy Nancy. We <3 us some Nancy recipes.