On Saturday, Nov. 5, Doc’s Clock is hosting a Happy Hour for Hoppy Endings for SaveABunny! Go have some drinks between 4 and 8 p.m., listen to music, and bid on items in a silent auction, all to benefit the buns!
Doc’s Clock is located at 2575 Mission St., between 21st and 22nd Streets, and if you like booze and bunnies—and WHO DOESN’T—you’ll be there, drinking for the rabbits.
[photo of Chi-Ana and babies via SaveABunny]
SF Bay Area weekend events spectacular! »
There’s a lot going on this weekend in the bay area. I’m gonna run some of the events for you so that you can live life to its fullest without lifting a finger. And isn’t that the goal? IT IS. Without further ado:
1) The Safari Club is in Foster City on Saturday and they are the fucking grossest worst: rich gross freak shows who travel around murdering animals in the wild while claiming to be a wildlife conservation group! More like a MONSTER PRESERVATION GROUP FOR MONSTERS. Anyway, tell them to get fucked at the protest.
2) Also on Saturday, there’s a fundraiser happy hour for Northern California Family Dog Rescue at Doc’s Clock! Go indulge your habit, it’s for the animals!
3) On Sunday, it’s Cupcakes for Choice! Eat sweet treats and raise money for Planned Parenthood! What could be better for your vagina and the vaginas you care about? DON’T ANSWER THAT.
4) On Sunday at 7 p.m., Mickacoo Pigeon and Dove Rescue is having a fundraiser at the SF Pour House! They will be screening the debut of Animal Planet’s show about (convicted rapist) Mike Tyson and his racing pigeons, Taking on Tyson. Come on down for drink specials and give some money to help the birdies!
5) TONIGHT! Vegan artist (and Vegansaurus fave!) Rick Kitagawa of Monkey + Seal fame is part of an art show about mythological beasts that looks to be rad and amazing! Also, Black Orchid Bakery (another Vegansaurus fave!) will be there with delightful vegan treats and also: Local Flavor SF will have VEGAN TACOS. It will run from 7 to 11 p.m. at Big Umbrella Studios in SF.
Am I missing anything?? Who knows, who cares! Well, I guess I do, so let me know!
[SuperPigeon from Mickacoo!]
Rocket Dog fundraiser at Doc’s Clock! »
Are you doing anything important on Saturday? No, certainly nothing can be nearly so important as attending the Doggie Happy Hour at Doc’s Clock, which this month benefits Vegansaurus’ favorite dog rescue organization, Rocket Dog Rescue!
Doc’s Clock hosts a Doggie Happy Hour on the first Saturday of every month, because it is a caring bar full of animal-lovers, all of whom deserve big kisses on the mouth. By the dogs who’ve benefited from these happy hours, obviously, god. Hazel, the greatest dog in the history of RDR, could be convinced to trade smooches for snacks. I bet.
Be there—2575 Mission St., between 21st and 22nd Streets—from 4 to 8 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 5th with lots of cash in hand, as 50 percent of the bar goes right to RDR, in addition to 100 percent of the proceeds from the silent auction OH YES, THERE WILL BE AMAZING ITEMS FOR THE WINNING. I promise you* will want at least one of the WONDERFUL PRIZES. In addition, Doc’s Clock will take donations for VetSOS, which provides veterinary care for the companion animals of homeless people. Bring collars, leashes, harnesses, animal first aid supplies, unused animal medications—anything a pet might need, a homeless pet probably needs as well.
With all that good you can do with so little effort, how can you not go and spend money. FOR THE DOGS, the poor, sweet, needy dogs. You just get drunk and buy stuff, easy-peasy, and the world is a little bit better. See you on Saturday (or else)!
*OK fine, I promise I will want at least one of these things, but really, they’ll be great.