Fine & Raw: Organic raw chocolate from Brooklyn! »
Hey raw chocolate lovers and all the other kinds of chocolate lovers! Fine & Raw is a Williamsburg, Brooklyn-based raw chocolate company that makes yummy organic, vegan chocolates! They sent me some free bars to try and now I will tell you all about them!
Their mission “is to save the world through silliness and chocolate!” They use low-heat techniques and you’ll also be glad to know they make every effort to be environmentally friendly. Plus, reading their site is positively delightful! They are funny. And there’s some good info about chocolate on there like this!:
Cacao has been report to have these benefits:
- #1 food source of antioxidants
- #1 food source of magnesium
- Phenylethylamine (PEA) - the compound which scientists believe is released when you’re in love
- Anandamide - the ‘bliss chemical’
- Tryptophan – the precursor to serotonin.
- MAO Inhibitors – allows more serotonin to flow in your body. read: more fun
- Appetite suppresant & aphrodisiac
- None of the above statements have been evaluated by the FDA, although they told us they really love chocolate.
Yay chocolate! Don’t mind if I do!
Above is one of the truffle bars. Creamy and good! I had the peeps at work try all the chocolate of course because I am so nice to them and this was very popular. It’s not sweet but it’s not too bitter. A good balance.
Now, my friends, THIS IS WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT! As I’ve said a million times, I love salty chocolate so this epic dark chocolate sea salt bar was music to my taste buds. And just look at that bar, they are not messing around! It’s a solid bar of chocolate. On the bitter side, so this is a grown-up kind of bar. And you can break it into sticks!
And maybe most importantly, they like dinos too!:
For you non-New Yorkers, you can order Fine & Raw chocolates from their website. Get your raw chocolate on around the globe!