Massive peanut recall! Check your foods! »
Right now might be the only time ever that folks with peanut allergies are looking at the rest of us thinking, “Haha, suckers!” If you haven’t heard, there’s a massive peanut recall afoot, and it affects a lot of fancy vegan peanut products.
A whole bunch of products made in by Sunland, Inc between March 2010 and Sept. 24, 2012, might be infected with salmonella! So far 35 people in 19 states have gotten sick, and the FDA and CDC are all over it. TWO YEARS worth of products? WTF, Sunland?!
The full list of recalled products is on the FDA’s website, but here are some that vegans are likely to have bought! If you’ve got these in your cupboard, either just chuck them or go to the FDA site for more details if that seems wasteful! The good news is unless you’re a tiny child (nice work reading the blog!) or real old or have a compromised immune system, salmonella isn’t too serious.
- Trader Joe’s, Arrowhead Mills, Cadia, Kirkland, Natural Value, Naturally More, Sprout’s, & Sun Harvest peanut butter
- Sprout’s tahini & almond butter
- Justin’s Nut Butters—anything with peanuts!
- Luna & Larry’s Coconut Bliss Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor
- Peanut Butter Newman-O’s (yes, they’re vegan)
- Earth Balance Natural Almond Butter and Flaxseed
- Anything with the Sunland name on it
- AND SO MUCH MORE!!
[Photo by Yogma via Flickr]