Adele is going to give vegetarianism a go! And we’re here to help! »
Oh-so-lovely songstress Adele is making an effort to go vegetarian! She says that for what’s on the agenda in the year ahead, she has to be “really healthy and stuff like that.” Plus, when she eats meat, she thinks of her dog and sees his little dog eyes. This is incredible news, though of course going vegan would be all the more fantastic. It can be a difficult transition to make, I understand. But, Adele, I’m here to help you. Anything you need, any time of day. Then when you visit San Francisco, I’ll give you the
drinking vegan tour of the city! Or you can hire me as your personal chef, whatever works.
1. I understand you don’t like the taste of tofu, that you go so far as to describe it as “rank.” Tofu is not chicken, this much is true. However, when seasoned well, tofu is delicious! I’ll let you borrow my Tofu Xpress and we can marinate blocks of protein together! You must also read Sarah’s guide to making the most out of a tofu scramble: It will change your life.
2. Faux meat and cheese are your friends during this transitional time. Every time I blink, new ones hit the market. Try them all out to find your faves. You don’t have to like them all, it’s OK. I stay as far as I can from Tofurky deli slices and cheddar-flavored Follow Your Heart cheese.
4. Check out Happy Cow so you know where to eat in every city on your tour. I really should have checked Happy Cow before I went to Reno (as opposed to the drive home), because I subsisted on a salad, a sandwich, and a Lara Bar for two days—not enough food for me. Learn from my mistakes.
5. Barnivore is your new best friend. Use it, download the app, and then go to your nearest pub.
6. Get yourself some vegan cookbooks! Because Vegan with a Vengeance was my first, I am biased in believing it should be every vegan beginner’s guide!
7. I have heard that it is safe and nutritious for doggie companions to go veg as well as humans! You and your pooch can go on this veg journey together, OMG that would be the cutest.
8. Read Vegansaurus! You’ll love us, we are sassy. Like you!
probably will not lose respect for you if you pose for a PETA ad, but personally, I think it’d be amazing if you did work with Farm Sanctuary or Mercy for Animals. Just don’t pull a Ginnifer Goodwin, in which you yell about your veganism only to turn around and bash it on Jimmy Kimmel Live, OK?
Now it’s time for a video, with everyone’s favorite kale-lover, Anderson Cooper! Just kidding; he openly hates kale because like my sister, he has the palate of a six-year-old!
Adele is just stunning in all these clips. Are you getting chills watching her sing? I am!
[photo via Tom and Lorenzo. Who does your makeup, girl? It’s perfection.]
Oh, Ginnifer Goodwin. Where do I begin?
Considering this recent clip of you on Jimmy Kimmel, and the new romcom you chose to star in, I can’t help but notice you are caught in a cycle of bad decision making. Yes, Big Love is over. I’m apprehensive too. What could possibly fill that void? Predictable movies costarring Kate Hudson and eating meat—those are not the answers.
I feel betrayed. I loved your cover girl issue of VegNews, in which say all sorts of wonderful things about how veganism changed your life. I actually started watching Big Love because of it! I took notice of you, and started to appreciate you as an actress, but more importantly, I respected you as an activist. Whereas before, I have to admit, something about you rubbed me the wrong way.
In the above video, you perpetrate the following bullshit: “Boring health issues;” humane butchering; bacon meatloaf; rolling your eyes at and belittling your family’s veganism.
WHAT THE FUCK?! I am not pleased. My main issue with you is not that you started eating meat again (though it is distressing)—I have plenty of friends and family that do just that, and I still like them. My problem is how flippantly you laughed off veganism, made stupid jokes about it with Kimmel and completely disregarded EVERYTHING you talked about so eloquently in VegNews a mere year ago. You come off so hypocritical, it’s unbearably offensive.
Dislike, Ginnifer. Major dislike.