WARNING: GRAPHIC AS FUCK. This is a new undercover video from Mercy for Animals. The footage was taken at Iowa Select Farms in Kamrar, Iowa. Sometimes people who don’t want to watch a scary video ask me to list what’s in the video; this is from the Mercy for Animals site:
Between April and June of 2011, an MFA investigator documented:
- Mother sows confined to barren metal crates barely larger than their own bodies—unable to turn around or lie down comfortably for nearly their entire lives
- Workers ripping out the testicles of conscious piglets without the use of painkillers
- Piglets suffering with herniated intestines, due to botched castration
- Conscious piglets having their tails painfully sliced into and yanked off with dull clippers
- Large, open, pus-filled wounds and pressure sores
- Sick and injured pigs left to languish and slowly die without proper veterinary care
- Mother pigs—physically taxed from constant birthing—suffering from distended, inflamed, bleeding, and usually fatal uterine prolapses
- Management training workers to throw piglets across the room—comparing it to a “roller coaster ride”
So sad. Man, I love pigs. Even though these guys are being tortured, you can still see how cute the little piglets are. How anyone can do this kind of thing, I’ll never know. And all this happens JUST so people can eat meat JUST because they “like the taste.” Fucking pathetic.
There’s a few things Mercy for Animals says you can do about this so check that out.