SF Bay Area weekend events spectacular! »
There’s a lot going on this weekend in the bay area. I’m gonna run some of the events for you so that you can live life to its fullest without lifting a finger. And isn’t that the goal? IT IS. Without further ado:
1) The Safari Club is in Foster City on Saturday and they are the fucking grossest worst: rich gross freak shows who travel around murdering animals in the wild while claiming to be a wildlife conservation group! More like a MONSTER PRESERVATION GROUP FOR MONSTERS. Anyway, tell them to get fucked at the protest.
2) Also on Saturday, there’s a fundraiser happy hour for Northern California Family Dog Rescue at Doc’s Clock! Go indulge your habit, it’s for the animals!
3) On Sunday, it’s Cupcakes for Choice! Eat sweet treats and raise money for Planned Parenthood! What could be better for your vagina and the vaginas you care about? DON’T ANSWER THAT.
4) On Sunday at 7 p.m., Mickacoo Pigeon and Dove Rescue is having a fundraiser at the SF Pour House! They will be screening the debut of Animal Planet’s show about (convicted rapist) Mike Tyson and his racing pigeons, Taking on Tyson. Come on down for drink specials and give some money to help the birdies!
5) TONIGHT! Vegan artist (and Vegansaurus fave!) Rick Kitagawa of Monkey + Seal fame is part of an art show about mythological beasts that looks to be rad and amazing! Also, Black Orchid Bakery (another Vegansaurus fave!) will be there with delightful vegan treats and also: Local Flavor SF will have VEGAN TACOS. It will run from 7 to 11 p.m. at Big Umbrella Studios in SF.
Am I missing anything?? Who knows, who cares! Well, I guess I do, so let me know!
[SuperPigeon from Mickacoo!]
Design a shirt with Monkey + Seal and raise money for Harvest Home Sanctuary! »
This is so ridiculously awesome and if you don’t participate, I’ll cut off your balls.
Two of our most favorite people, Rick and Eve of Monkey + Seal, are the super-cutest, most talented design duo in history. You might remember Rick from creating the most bad-ass watercolor illustration of Vegansaurus saving a chicken? Well, these two geniuses want to create a vegan-related/anti-animal-cruelty t-shirt, and they want you to give them ideas for what should be on the shirt! If your idea is chosen, not only will you see your vision printed onto many, many t-shirts and sold INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE (you’re a total hustler) but you’ll also get a shirt for free. What’s more! 20 percent of the $18 retail price of the shirt ($3.60) will go to wonderful farm animal sanctuary/adoption service/education center Harvest Home Sanctuary, to take care of Tracy and the rest of the awesome crew. This is reason enough alone to put on your creative thinking caps and come up with the best design idea in history!
AND MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE:
(It is a NARWAHL and a UNICORN finding each other after years and years of rejection because of their
creepy adorable horns. I love this shirt more than I love my own life. AND I LOVE TO BE LIVIN, PEOPLE.)
So, now you see what they can do. What are your ideas?? Leave them in the comments (or if you’re shy, email me and I’ll pass them on!). Use that big, beautiful brain of yours and come up with something (or somethingS! enter more than one idea!) magical and amazing! For inspiration, listen to this on repeat.
DO NOT FUCK WITH VEGANSAURUS. Truer words? I think not. Also, OMG it’s a pink dinosaur! Rescuing a chicken! <3 <3 <3
We’ve had other amazing art done for us in the past, including by Susie Cagle and Minty Lewis. We are very lucky. If you’d like to express your love for us via art (or cookies. or cash.), holler! AND PLEASE REMEMBER, be talented. I mean, look who you’re running with. Or you know, just do some crazy crap collage and we’ll be all, OMG YOU’RE THE BEST and prolly put it on the site and sacrifice a virgin for you. We are very appreciative!