Easy activism: Go shopping to help the thousands of chickens rescued from Cali egg farm! »
Here’s a simply amazing video documenting the rescue. Incredible. Watch it and then I defy you not to donate. The song is perfect too. Excellent work! PS: Can’t see the video? Watch it on Vegansaurus.com
The 4,460 hens rescued from the 50,000 hens left to starve in Stanislaus County—the Turlock Hen Rescue—still need our help. What can you do? Go shopping! Food Fight Grocery and some other fine retailers are going to be donating a portion of their sales on these specific days:
- Food Fight will be donating 10% of all online sales (and in-store for those in Portland) on Saturday, March 3.
- Herbivore Clothing will be donating 10% of all their online sales (and in-store) March 3rd and 4th (someone said they’d be donating sales now as well but I can’t confirm)
- Purrfect Pinapples will be donating 20% of this weekend’s sales too. Cruelty-free lingerie! Handmade! Wow!
- Blue Strawberry Scents will donate 10% of their sales for the next week. Buy you some cool soap!
- And I just saw on the event page that for the next month (to March 24th) Veganville on Etsy will donate 15% of all online sales to Animal Place.
Check out the event page for more info and updates. Food Fight adds this note:
If you were planning to place an order, please do it on Saturday, and if you don’t need anything, maybe go here and donate directly.
If you can’t spend any money right now, then please spread the word about these fundraisers and about the rescue.
And don’t forget to sign the petition started by Harvest Home to bring the man responsible for this catastrophe to justice.
Keep shoes for Japan! »
I got this in an email from Keep today. Pretty cool! “A portion from every sale of our Japanese Thatch collection will be donated to Japanese Disaster Relief efforts.” There’s no more info on their site about it, at least none I can find, so I don’t know the percentage they’re donating or anything but every little bit helps! Plus VEGAN SNEAKERS HOLLER AT ME.
Now if only they had some kind of Haitian thatch shoe! Of course you don’t need to buy vegan shoes to donate money to Haiti, or Japan for that matter, but it would definitely be a bonus! Vegan shoes make everything better. It’s nature’s way!