Reader Katie sent us this cool graphic from the Coalition to Fight Factory Farming! I love stuff with pictures. I didn’t know that bit about the gallon of dairy milk vs. gallon of gas. Scary! We should all drink almond milk and drive Big Wheels instead.
The Coalition to Fight Factory Farming is a Bay Area-based educational non-profit that empowers people to save the environment, animals, and our own health through our daily food choices. For more info visit www.cfff.info and check us out on Facebook and Twitter.
Upcoming SF Bay Area events! Go to them ALL! »
Here are some events for you to enjoy:
Saturday, Apr. 9
1) Caesar Chavez Parade (as part of the Caesar Chavez Day). A veggie contingent is marching in the parade and they need big numbers to educate the crowd that Caesar Chavez was a vegetarian! Meet at 10:30 a.m. at 19th and Dolores Streets, across from the Mission Bell. Parade starts at 11 a.m. and lasts an hour!
2) The Green Festival. All the usual jokes about hippies not bathing and breast milk cheese and hemp overalls. har dee. If you want to help leaflet (you do) let me know and I’ll connect you with a group that’s going!
3) The Anarchist Book Fair is all weekend. Should be fun, plus, if you’re into leafletting, let me know and I can hook you up with someone who can get you materials! Leafletting is easy and feels really good, plus it’s a bunch of anarchists! They love us!
Sunday, Apr. 10
Monday, Apr. 11
1) VegDay Resolution Anniversary Feed-In! The San Francisco Board of Supervisors passed a VegDay Resolution encouraging meat-free eating on Mondays one year ago on Apr. 6, 2010. To celebrate the anniversary, a group will be sampling delicious vegan food to Whole Food shoppers and encouraging folks to eat Meatless on Monday. If you want to help (or, uh, eat for free), show up at the Whole Foods on Haight at 5 p.m.
Wednesday, Apr. 13
1) The Coalition to Fight Factory Farming is putting on an extravaganza to educate people about where their food comes from. It’s co-sponsored by the always amazing Berkeley Organization for Animal Advocacy and the Berkeley Student Food Cooperative! They are so rad, for real. Let’s all go and bring omni friends!